Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Skincare Routine feat. Kiehl's & La Roche-Posay

Time for my recent skincare routine! :) I've been using these products for over a month now and so far so good. However, I won't be recommending any of these products yet since I wanted to try it for another couple of months just to be sure before I conclude anything. ;)

Products (with links):

       ♥ Biore Makeup Remover - Cleansing Milk
       Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil- Free Cleanser
       Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Toner Alcohol free (normal to oily skin)
       Kiehl's creamy eye treatment with Avocado
       La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo
       ♥ Marks and Spencer Hand Wash in China Blue


My Routine:

1. First thing I do is to remove my makeup with my Biore Makeup Remover (if no makeup on, jump to step 2!). I usually remove my eye makeup first before removing the foundation on my face as I find it to be easier and quicker. I'm not a fan of this biore since it tends to sting my eye alot and it really does hurts if you're not careful enough. However, I like the fact that it can remove my mascara quite well (fairydrops mascaras are the most difficult to remove!). I usually do 4-5 pumps on a round cotton pad to remove all the makeup on my face. I don't stop until I get every residue on my face to prevent any blemishes.


2. Next is to cleanse my face with Kiehl's ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser (For normal to oily skin). I cleanse my face twice a day. I like that it is targeted for those who have normal to oily skin. It doesn't make my oily face oilier like other cleansers, in fact it reduces it. It leaves my face dry but not to extent that I get dry patches on my face.


3. After cleansing my face, I use the Kiehl's calendula as my toner. I use this twice a day, but sometimes if I'm going to wear makeup, I only use it at night time. Like my cleanser, I love that it is for normal to oily skin type. It helps to soothe my face from all the dirt that I accumulated throughout the day and it feels refreshing after applying it. It also has a scent that comes from the calendula which may bother some people but for me, the scent is quite lovely. 


4. Then, I apply this Effaclar Duo by La Roche-Posay all over my face especially where I have blemishes and acne scars. I read this online that it can fade the acne scars on face if used twice a day for a few months. I had a few small blemishes on my forehead and a big one on the right side of my face before I bought this. When I applied this overnight, it made a huge difference on my forehead. There's still some little blemishes but they were diminished, no bumps and you can tell that it's healing. The big blemish that I had on my right side was reduced into a small size which is pretty amazing. So that was the first experience. Now for the 2nd one, a little back story, I went to the northern part of thailand to attend my graduation for 4 days. I had to get up at 3:30am for our graduation practice and I was really tired and dehydrated all the time. I use this effaclar duo with my kiehl's cleanser during my stay there but only at night time. When I got back to Bangkok, there were pimple party on my face (the horror!). I guess it was due to my stress and dehydration for the last 4 days that triggered the pimples on my face. So when I flew back to Philippines, I decided to do the routine very strictly again to see if it will make a difference. And it did once again, but not as fast as my first experience. Today is my 6th day on trying this strict routine and it diminished the pimples on my face (no more bumps). But let's see few weeks more, if it will continue to heal my very problematic skin. ;)


5. Last step is applying my Kiehl's creamy eye treatment with Avocado. They say if you apply eye creams at an early age, it can prevent you from having wrinkles and fine lines when you get older. So why not start now? :)



Thanks for reading my post guys! I was supposed to post this a week ago before christmas but I got so lazy (iknwimsry). But I'll be posting my 2013 makeup collection sometime this week so stay tune! :) 

And I wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS! 





7 comments:

  1. I've been looking for an eye cream for a while now, how are you finding the Kehils one?

    Molly's Beauty Spot | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too soon for me to tell whether it really works since the result of most eye creams usually takes 3-6 months before you really see the differences that it make. As for my experience, i haven't seen any difference yet but one thing I like about it is that I really feel that the cream is well-absorbed by my skin and it doesn't give me a 'greasy' feeling which is a huge plus for me! :)

      hope this helps. thanks molly for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. I just got a sample of the effaclar duo and am looking forward to trying it out.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great! let me know what you think of it! :) xx

      Delete
  3. How is that eye treatment of yours? Looks good! :) xx

    http://flowersandlaces.blogspot.com/xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its fine, but ofcourse cant tell if it works. it would take months for me to see the changes. anyway, its not oily and greasy so thumbs up for that.

      thanks for dropping by supriya! :) happy new year to you. xx

      Delete
  4. Awesome! I've always wanted to try Kiehl's skincare but it's quite pricey here in Australia. I'm excited to see your review in a couple months time :)

    http://pureheartbeauty.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete