Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Mac Pro Palette

My brother decided to give me an early christmas gift this year (Kaching Kaching! $_$) so I decided to pick up my very first mac pro palette! I purchased these at Siam Center and if you're a foreigner, you'll automatically receive a 10% discount. ;)

It really does pay a lot to research first before buying anything expensive and believe me, i feel like i've been researching these mac shadows my whole life. :)) I wanted my starter kit to have atleast 1 matte eyeshadow, 1 highlighter, 1 dark shimmer, and 1 all around eyeshadow. So before I went to the mac store, I listed every eyeshadow that I wanted in my phone so that it would be easier for me to choose. Imagine choosing only 4 over a hundred eyeshadows, it would definitely take you forever if you didn't research ahead of time. I was thinking of getting woodwinked, texture, soft brown, and nylon or naked lunch but unfortunately, texture and soft brown aren't available in Thailand so I had to choose another 2. I purchased woodwink and espresso first, but when I got home and tried the espresso, I didn't like how it looked on my eyelids. It appeared as if i had dirt on my eyes or something (hah!) so I went the next day to exchange the item and thankfully they agreed! Kay, jumping to the item now...

What I got (i inserted the link as well for you to check out):
        Mac Pro Palette x 4
        Mac Eyeshadow Refills
                      - Woodwink - this shade's probably my favorite one because you can wear by itself and if you blend it really well, it will appear as if you put a transition shade in the crease area.
                      - Mulch - most edgy shade ever, dark brown shimmer shade that when applied it appears to be a bit matte. Great for creating a definition in the crease area.
                      - Satin Taupe - this looks good on everyone, very versatile shade as well.
                      - Naked Lunch - can be used as a highlight on the browbone and inner corner of the eyes

Ways to use:

Woodwink 
- apply by itself
- apply it on the inner thirds of the eyelid then apply mulch on the crease area
Mulch 
- apply by itself
- apply on the crease area, can be paired with any of the 3 shadows but looks best with naked lunch
Satin Taupe 
- apply by itself
- apply satin taupe on the center of lid, mulch on the crease and naked lunch on the innercorners
- this would look good as well if you have smut on the crease area
Naked Lunch 
- apply by itself
 - apply naked lunch on the inner thirds of the eyelid then apply mulch on the crease area



My satin taupe got damaged while I was opening it. >:(







I really liked how my palette turned out. All 4 shades are versatile, they compliment each other very well and all of them can be worn alone (a big thumbs up for that!). However, it's still a pity that i didn't get any matte brown eyeshadow or any transition shade. Anyways, HUGE thanks to tanya burr and jaclyn hill for having the best recommendations as always! :)


What are your top 4 mac eyeshadows? :) 




credits to: www.peachescolinton.co.uk for the mac logo
 

10 comments:

  1. Satin taupe is one of my favorites :) the woodwinked and mulch look gorgeous and I might have to pick those up next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes they are, they're worth it. :) thanks for dropping by ash!

      Delete
  2. WOW what a nice brother! And you made great choices!! The only one I have from those 4 is Satin Taupe...It's a great highlighter! (I just wish it went on a little smoother).

    I've been really impressed with Swiss Chocolate. It's great for blending in the crease!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been eyeing for swiss choco as well. Looking for some matte shadow on my next purchase. :) Thanks kelly for dropping by!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful picks! Woodwinked and Mulch are two of my faves :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks jen! worked really hard to choose the best of the best! :) xx

      Delete
  4. You chose some gorgeous shades! Such a shame about your Satin Taupe but it's so easily done :( xx

    Gemma xx
    Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cringed when I saw my satin taupe like this. :((

      thanks gemma! Xxx

      Delete
  5. You lucky girl!! ^^ Your brother is so generous!

    urhappybunnie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks joanne!! indeed, im a luck girl! i was so excited to purchase this since I know it won't be coming from my own wallet. haha!

      xxx

      Delete