Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Fairy drops



As promised, here are my quick thoughts about the fairydrops products that I got from hongkong. :)

Fairydrops Perfect Makeup Set 


Contains:

     ✿  Fairydrops Candy Bar BB Cream
     ✿  Fairydrops Vanilla Puff Mineral Powder
     ✿  Fairydrops Volume Burst Mascara Waterproof

I'll review all of these products except for the mascara as I haven't opened it yet. I still have my fairydrops platinum mascara which I bought a week before we went to hongkong so I'll be reviewing that instead of the volume burst. ;) 






1. Fairydrops Candy Bar Cream in Ochre - ★★★★★
First impression: It was a mess when I first tried this. When I was squeezing the tube carefully, nothing's coming out so i tried squeezing it harder and i guess you know what happened next -- it went to my shirt and the liquid just kept bursting out from the tube. I had to put the excess liquid from a plastic container so i can use it next time.

Review: As i've mentioned in my previous post, this went on my 'HG bb cream' and I'll tell you why. I have combination skin, acne scars from here and there but nothing too scary and a slightly uneven skintone. This bbcream because it really covers up my imperfection really well unlike other bbcreams that are very sheer which I really hate since I don't have a perfect skin. It's quite strange as I find it more to be like a foundation than a bbcream because of its coverage. It has a medium to slightly full coverage depending on how much you put onto your skin which I really really like. Another thing I like about this is that at the end of the day, my skin still looks good and has decent coverage that doesn't show my imperfections. As for the oiliness, it does get shiny after a few hours, 3 hours i guess, so i do touch ups twice a day when wearing this. It doesn't bother me at all that i have to use an oil film 2-3 times a day, im just paranoid of looking like a greaseball that's all. :))

How I apply: I take off the sponge applicator and squeeze the tube onto the back of my hand. Then I'll use either the sponge or my real techniques buffing brush. Reason why is that I don't want the sponge applicator sucking all the liquid. It would be such a waste of product, isn't it? And besides, it's a lot easier for me to do this way just like what i do when i'm applying my foundation.






2. Fairydrops Vanilla Puff Mineral Powder - ★★★★☆
First impression: The scent! I'm inlove with the vanilla scent. The scent alone makes me want to use this powder all the time. :))

Review: It sets the bb cream very well but doesn't go on completely matte so I have to use my laura mercier translucent powder to mattify some areas. For the longevity, I guess around 2-3hours before my cheeks get shiny. It looks like a dewy finish rather than oily. I just like to keep my face matte, so i always use an oil film twice or thrice. :))

How I apply: Just like what I do with the bb cream, I take off the sponge applicator, then I dip my brush onto the powder then apply it on my face. After using the brush, I put back the sponge to the powder container and use it to buff everything for a more pleasant finish.
Note: There's nothing wrong in using it directly onto the skin, I just prefer using a brush more than a sponge. Sponge works well too don't worry! :)


3.  Fairydrops Platinum Mascara Waterproof type - ★★★★★
First impression: It has a weird looking wand but it works!

Review: The only mascara that can curl my lashes up the whole day. Totally on my HG list. I can't say anything bad about this -- it volumizes the lashes neatly, curls up my lashes like a skyscraper and it's waterproof so it doesn't smudge! Don't stroke the wand to much in the same direction as it tends to clump which makes spidery lashes.

How I apply: Just normal but I don't stroke it too much to prevent clumping. :)



Here's my awkward pic wearing all of these products. :)) i told u this mascara is amazing!!



Sorry if it took me awhile to post this. I figured i should put my picture wearing the fairydrops for you to see. :)


Let me know your own thoughts about Fairydrops!




4 comments:

  1. oo I've never heard of this.. looks good!

    http://www.iwantfashion.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion
    Get the latest on high street trends, collections, EXCLUSIVE discount codes and more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That BB cream sounds right up my alley! Now, I just need to get myself to Tokyo.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of these products and the packaging is amazing!

    Sharon xx
    Beauty, Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds really good ! love the packaging its so cute :) would you like to follow each other :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete