Enough blabbing. I went a little makeup haul in Bangkok before I went back to Philippines cos I'll be staying in my home country for a little while so I need to stock my things up.
Here are some few things I bought:
1. Maybelline Rocket Volume - ฿350-370 (can't remember the exact price in boots)
- Volumizes the lashes neatly
- Clumps a bit if you stroke the wand in a vertical motion few times (tip: dab the wand onto the tissue first to remove the excess product then slowly stroke in a vertical & horizontal motion and you're good to go!)
- Cant hold the curl of my lashes well (im not sure if it's the mascara's prob or my lashes are just too stubborn to be curled because I've experienced the same thing in my other mascaras (e.g. benefit 'they're real', diorshow mascara, maybelline colossal)
Verdict: Great for sparse lashes who are seeking great volume! The 'curl' issue may not work for me but it doesn't mean that it won't work for you so do try it. :) I'm still on the hunt for my holygrail mascara though, one that can hold my stubborn lashes like skyscrapers. lol! (in case you know any mascara that may work for me, please comment below! thx!)
2. Real techniques Starter Set Brush - ฿790 (Beauty Terminal, 3rd flr @ Terminal 21)
Quick Review: No doubt these brushes are amazing as it is my 2nd set of real techniques brushes. They're just soft and affordable than mac brushes and performs really well.
Verdict: A-W-E-S-O-M-E. Hands down.
3. Top shop lipsticks in #14 & #5 - ฿150 each (had a pretty good bargain w/ this lippies from Khun Nalin who gives great discount for frequent buyers like me & my mom. She sells all makeup in trend @ Exchange Tower in Asok every friday!)
Quick Review: It doesn't glide on pretty well especially the #5 because it is a sheer pink shade. But one way around it is to use your fingers or lipstick brush when applying the lipstick so that the product warms up and glides on better. The #14 is better than the #5 as i find it more pigmented (probably bec. the shade is dark) and easier to blend. I'm not expecting the product to perform like my YSL rogue volupte of course, however I'm expecting it to perform somewhat like revlon's or maybelline's lipsticks.
Verdict: Both shades are pretty but I just wished the #5 is more pigmented as I like the shade more than the #14. :(
4. Gino McCray Eyelash curler - ฿119 (Beauty Buffet)
I just bought another one just for stock so that I won't have to buy in the Philippines and also, it's so cheap and gives pretty decent curl on my lashes.
5. YSL Touche Eclat - ฿ 1,300+ at Chidlom & Siam Paragon (bought it from Khun Nalin as well for a fair price as well :)
- Brightens my undereye circle better than my Nars Radiant creamy concealer
- doesn't crease
- lasts all day
- you need a pea size amount only hence it will last for a long time so it's still worth the money!
This post is very special for me cos of one reason and that is .. I spent all these items with my own money! Yey for me! *feeling proud* The money that I spent to buy these products were from my salary (note: i didn't spend all my money to buy only makeup just incase you're wondering. haha) which is a great fulfillment for me cos even though I get most of the things I wanted for free (and by free means sponsored by my parents), it really felt great buying everything I wanted with my own money. But one thing's for sure, don't spend everything that you've worked for, make sure to save for the rainy day as well. :)
So I guess that's everything. Got few more posts lined up! Stay tuned. ;)